Sunday, September 2, 2012

Something's Fishy

One fish, two fish, red fish, SALMON! Now, you need to know that I'm a salmon fanatic, partially because I have spent a considerable amount of time fly fishing the rivers of Northwest Michigan and also on charters on Lake Michigan, and nothing beats a fresh Chinny right out of the water! But, having said that, I have an odd pouch or two of salmon in my pantry drawer. Hmm.. right.. salmon in a factory sealed pouch just hanging out collecting dust...the whole thing just seems a little fishy too me (forgive the pun). Still, I figured my daughter likes tuna salad, so let's give it a go! I sort of winged it when I made of the mix, but it was actually kind of fabulous, so here it is. The recipe worked for us, but since everyone has their own tastes, feel free to add as much or as little of any of the ingredients as you'd like. I may just find myself buying one of those little pouchy things again very soon!
Salmon Salad
Ingredients - 1 pouch salmon,1 rib chopped celery and 1/4 cup chopped apple, mayonnaise and dill to taste

suess fish salmon bento lunch
Rye toast, Swiss cheese, yogurt cranberries, apples, celery, homemade salmon salad.

In this lunch...

2 comments:

  1. What a cute post. I bought that little box too. I love how much stuff you got in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! That box is extra adorable too :D

    ReplyDelete