Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Solstice & Blog Hop

Summer has arrived.. it's official! I tried to think of what summer means to us to make this lunch, but there are so many things, they can't possibly fit in one little box. For sure, though, summer means ripe raspberries growing in our yard. I am determined to use every one I can and not let so many fall to the ground this year, so we started picking today! Yum!

zoe's lunchbox picking raspberries

Summer is spending time up north at the cabin on the lake, of which our first trip was last weekend. Summer is taking leisurely walks and bike rides, catching lightning bugs, visiting the farmer's market, gardening, eating ice cold watermelon, running through sprinklers or swimming, making smores, grilling, ice cream, picnics, beaches, and, of course, beautiful sunshine. I decided I can do it all, just not all at once. So, this is our celebration of  Summer Solstice and what is yet to come! Now see some more summer inspiration by following the blog hop via the graphic link at the bottom of the page, which will take you to Rachel's Random Ramblings next! Enjoy!

summer bento lunch
Watermelon, raspberries (fresh picked from our yard), Brown Cow vanilla yogurt and a swiss cheese 'cabin on the lake', American cheese sun on local bakery bread, and tucked beneath are red bell peppers from the farmer's market, and some sliced organic turkey hot dog.
summer blog hop

In this lunch...

23 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Simple and fun!!! Super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh and yummy looking lunch. I love your list of summer activities that you share with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the colors! Looks just like summer to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cabin on the lake! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know we are supposed to comment on the lunch (which looks so fresh and definitely screams summer to me!) but I'm stuck on how jealous I am of your writing. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again everyone, and Lise, a special thanks! I appreciate the thoughtful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely lovely. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the raspberries, yum! Great lunch & post !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at those raspberries!! Looks fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so good! Nothing every tastes as good as home grown :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those raspberries look absolutely delicious..I think I will grow them next summer...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those raspberries look SO GOOD. We just got our first few this year, off the canes I transplanted last year. I didn't know ours were the orange kind, so we lost most of last year's "crop" to waiting until they turned red only to find they were gone! We've gotten 5 so far this year! Wahoo! A bumper crop for us!
    What a fun lunch, and an even more fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cheerful! and there's nothing better than seasonal fruit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those raspberries look Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yum, I love watermelon! great use of the food picks on the raspberries! Just wanted to let you know about my bento supplies shop Thanks!

    ReplyDelete