Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Witch Way Lunch

One more day until Halloween. I know many are probably tired of the parade of Halloween lunches, but I just love them. You may actually see just one or two more even after trick or treating is over. I just can't help it! Today's lunch was a fun little witch theme.

witch halloween bento easylunchboxes
Colby jack, mustard and smoked Tofurky sandwich, dried worms (chow mien noodles), rat poo (raisins), candy corn, celery, carrots, pretzel/cheese broom, and a vanilla yogurt witches brew w/ red grape 'eye' slices.

We also made some fabulous pumpkin spice dip today. Well, actually it is adapted from a vegan pumpkin pie filling from The Family Kitchen, but since I am inept at making crusts, I just made the filling. Typically, we make a cream cheese based pumpkin dip, which is delicious, but this is so so good too! You can make as little or as much this version is great for breakfast or a snack. We served it with apple slices and graham crackers. Yum!
pumpkin pie dip
Pumpkin Spice Apple Dip

Ingredients - 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1 tbsp real maple syrup, 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 tsp lemon juice

Put all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45-60 seconds. Stir to thoroughly combine. Serve with apples or other fruits and graham crackers.

In this lunch...

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to see if my kids like that dip... my daughter gets so few really good dipping options as she can't have milk and this is a great idea for a dairy-free one that's healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope they enjoy it, Kat. I know when we use it warm, is heavenly. But, cold is delicious too! I've even mixed some into yogurt for a treat and spread it on toast! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute lunch! I've pinned it.

    ReplyDelete