Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Recipe Review - Fresh Broccoli Cream Soup

Post holidays, I'm looking for something simple, fresh, warm, and delicious. This creamy, vegetarian soup one hits the spot for me. Hope it does for you too!

Fresh Broccoli Cream Soup 
Ingredients - 4 c chopped fresh broccoli florets, 1 c chopped celery, 1 c chopped carrots, 1/2 onion, chopped, 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, 6 Tbsp all purpose flour, 3 c vegetable broth, 2 c whole milk, 1 tsp dry parsley (or 1 Tbsp fresh), 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
Boil 2 cups of water. Add the broccoli, celery, and carrots. Boil for 3-5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In the same pot, saute the onion in butter until tender. Whisk in the flour to form a smooth paste. Gradually whisk in the milk and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring for 1 minute.
Add the vegetables, and the remaining ingredients, to the pot. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Serve with shredded cheese on top.

4 comments:

  1. This looks great! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah - have you got my email about your winning the Daiya Cheese coupon giveaway? I really need you to email me back with the information or else I'll have to choose someone else. Thanks.

    Plus, the soup looks simple and great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eep.. didn't see that! That's fantastic! I emailed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,

    This recipe looks absolutely divine. I love soup. Thank you for sharing.

    Karina

    ReplyDelete