Friday, December 21, 2012

Bells a' Ringing

I cannot believe that in four days, it will be Christmas. Thankfully, I'm ready.. well, nearly. I still have to menu plan and grocery shop for Christmas Eve. That day's events are typically at our house, and I never know what I'm making until the last moment. Shopping done and packages wrapped, cards mailed and cookies baked? Check! Christmas Eve meal? Not so much.. Anywho, for today's lunch, I used our bell cookie cutter, as I'm still determined to use all my cutters by Christmas. Join me in the challenge!

Christmas bells Lunchbots bento
Orange bell pepper, fresh peas, Naturebox Far East Rice Crackers, peppermint mini marshmallows, homemade Scotch Shortbread, chocolate bell, pomegranate seeds, and a turkey, mustard, and havarti 'bell' sandwich with cucumber and pomegranate decorations.

I have to share the shortbread recipe, too. It is my grandma's recipe, and one of the simplest, most delicious cookies. We make them every year, without fail. I hope your family enjoys them too!
Scotch Shortbread 
Ingredients - 1/2 lb butter, 1/2 c sugar, 2 c flour
Cream together the butter and sugar. Add flour, and mix just until combined (will be crumbly). Press into a rectangle or circle onto an ungreased cookie sheet. The dough should be uniformly thick, even the edges, roughly 3/4" thick. Prick all over with a fork. We do it like a grid, so we have prescored lines to cut the cookies on. Bake at 325 degrees for about an hour or until just golden. Cut in squares while still warm. Let cool completely to store! Yum!

Don't forget.. there is still time to join in on the Christmas Cookie Cutter Challenge linky too. Thanks for visiting and sharing!
Zoe Lunchbox Christmas

1 comments: