Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ben Franklin's Birthday

I love it when I actually remember things like Ben Franklin's birthday because it gives me a lunch theme, and a reason to stick to it! Ben Franklin was a politician, author, scientist, inventor, and philosopher. There is little that he didn't dabble in and make his mark. He was America's first postmaster, therefore of course he'd been on stamps, though, for the life of me, I can't draw a stamp with food markers, so that was out. He is also on the 100-dollar bill and was on the 50 cent piece. Ooh, and I have chocolate coins leftover from the holidays! So, it isn't a 50 cent piece, but you get the point. Ben Franklin was a patriot and philanthropist. As an inventor, he is most known for the Franklin stove, the bifocal lens, and the lightning rod. In fact, it is Franklin's kite and key experiment about static electricity that most think of first. I did. And that is where the inspiration for today's lunch came from, of course. Enjoy.

Ben Franklin Easylunchboxes Bento
Carrot coins, Plum Kids organic fruit shreds, cucumber, red pepper hummus, chocolate coins, grilled cheese 'kite' with provolone clouds, fruit leather accents, and carrot key.
Ben Franklin Bento Lunch

For another fun Ben Franklin inspired lunches, be sure and visit my bento blogging friend, Eclectic Lamb and her Benjamin Franklin Birthday Bento.

In this lunch...

2 comments:

  1. A great lunch! I love how the key fits on the fruit leather string!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kite and key, what a great lunch and theme! :)

    ReplyDelete