Friday, February 22, 2013

T.G.I.F.

First off, let me say TGIF.. seriously. Hubby's first week of working at his new job is over. Whew! Of course, I work all weekend, so so much for quality time, or even downtime. Alas.
On another note, have a mentioned that I love my local bakery? They are just a couple minutes from the house, and all the breads, cookies, etc are delicious. They have the best rye bread I've ever had, and when I buy white bread, it is only from them. When we pick it up, it is so soft and almost melts in your mouth. Kiddo usually has the first slice gone before we get back home. She likes it with nothing on it, not even toasted, when it is that fresh. I have to admit that it is delicious! I can hardly wait until it warms up and we can ride our bikes instead of bundle up and drive there.

Zak pineapple bento
Bread, celery, Swiss cheese, grapes, orange bell pepper, turkey pepperoni, pistachios, Chobani strawberry yogurt, and peanut butter M&Ms.

For my lunch, I packed leftover chicken meatballs in my Lunchbots from Beneficial Bento's recipe, that uses mushrooms as the binder instead of bread crumbs. I actually enjoyed them best cold and dipped in sauce. Odd, right?
lunchbots meatballs
Celery, orange bell pepper, Swiss cheese, bread, chicken & mushroom meatballs, and barbeque sauce.

In these lunches...

3 comments:

  1. Cute lunches!

    I have had my eye on one of those pineapple boxes for about a week. I found one for cheap on eBay, I think I am going to grab it soon.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Rose
    bentoclock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lunches are awesome! Those meatballs sound delicious. Thanks for linking up to Leftovers on Fridays

    ReplyDelete