Monday, July 15, 2013

Sub-stitute Sandwich

In my recent obsession with wraps, I realized that there are, of course, other alternatives to sandwich bread besides the wrap. My personal favorite is the croissant, but I'm convinced they have some sort of magical property that starts to turn them to stone once I remove them from the bakery. I can eat a delicious, flaky, buttery soft croissant that day, but the next day? The soft sloping edges are now concrete slabs,  but I give in because the center still yields and tastes amazing. The day after that, though? They're tossed into the yard for the woodpeckers to have a go at. Sad. Anyways, I digress. The sub roll. Yum! This one got packed for the hubby.

turkey sub easylunchboxes
Green peppers, fruit mix of kiwi, cherries and blueberries, Trader Joe's Cheddar Rockets, and a sub sandwich with turkey, mixed greens, and avocado (condiments on the side).

In this lunch...

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious especially with the nice fruit salad and peppers! So much better then cafeteria food! Plus, I so agree with you on croissants. Eat them the same day or sometimes putting them in the microwave for 10-15 sec gives them new flaky life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, I'm hungry looking at this before bedtime!

    ReplyDelete