Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Projects

I have had some projects for Halloween this year.. several, in fact. All but one is complete, which is, of course, the costume .. you know, the important thing that I've left to the last minute. My kiddo decided that what she wanted to be for Halloween was a red T-rex. Red? Really? Look at this cool green one at Old Navy.. no? Damn. It's turning out cute and the kiddo is thrilled, but it needs some final touches, so I won't be sharing that one just yet. But, I wanted to share the others with you. Yeah, I think they turned out pretty cool, so why not?!

Halloween Project
This first project was just some cheap wood frames that I painted and distressed a bit. The inside is a bit of scrapbook paper, and the letters of course. I was going to mount them on a solid board, but this way, they are easier to store and I can move them around a bit. My girlfriend and I each made one of these. Hers was purple and green and had the word 'treat'. I think they turned out great!

Halloween Plate
This one I made over at a local pottery place, Painterly Pottery. This is my second trip over there, having gone once with my mom for Mother's Day. This time, my hubby came along and painted too. I love that place!

Halloween
This project was super simple too. I found a piece of scrapbook paper that had these different labels all over. I just cut them out and mod podged them to some cheap, yet food safe, glass jars from Hobby Lobby. Then, I could use them as treat jars, too. The colored bottles are not food safe, but were just too neat to pass up, so I did a couple of those too.
Halloween

Here's the last one. I found this little owl at Hobby Lobby. He was kind of tanish in color, but we painted him black, added a bit of black glitter, and called it good. I think he is super cute, but just on the edge of creepy, so he fits right in with our Halloween decorations.
owl figurine

That's everything. I have plans for Thanksgiving this year too, but I think I'll limit myself to 1 or 2 things. Stay tuned for that costume, which I will share, of course. It will be done in time.. I swear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment