Monday, September 15, 2014

International Dot Day

Thanks to my wonderful Bento Blogging Friends, I discovered that it was International Dot Day today. I didn't even know there was such a thing, but once I started reading about it, I knew I had to join in and share it with others. The day was created in honor of Peter Reynolds' book, The Dot, to celebrate creativity, courage, and collaboration. According to the official website, The Dot is about a teacher that helps a student trust in her own abilities by being brave enough to "make her mark", inspiring children and adults around the globe. I can't believe I haven't read this book, but I placed it on hold to pick up this evening after school. Happy International Dot Day!

Easylunchboxes dot lunch
Grapes, yogurt raisins in the blue cup, cucumber 'dots', veggie dip in the pink cup, and a turkey and cheese sandwich.

Kindergarten snack box
PM Snack - Mozzarella cheese, pretzels, and a Trader Joe's yogurt star.

Yes, I obviously lost my mojo when it came to snack. But, honestly, I just grabbed what was dry and sitting on the towel from doing dishes. Yup.. lazy. However, I did end up making 'dots' out of the mozzarella and sprinkling them on top of the pretzels instead. Oh, and I sent my daughter to school in a polka dot shirt, too. So, there!

In this lunch...

0 comments:

Post a Comment