Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Foodie Penpal

This month, I joined a Foodie Penpal program from The Lean Green Bean and the last day of the each month is always 'reveal day' where we share what we received and sent. What a fabulous idea it is... sharing your favorite goodies with other people across the nation! The package I shipped out went to New York to Gastronomic Nomad, so be sure and check out what they had to say about what we sent. It was their first month in the program too!

foodie penpal

Since this is the first month I participated, I learned some important things just from what I received, and what made it intact! My package came from The Healthy Living Chick, and included a great variety of items. A couple didn't make it, but the ones that did were FABulous!

foodie penpal

While, we enjoy all the items sent, I have to feature the favorites! The Zevia soda was a great surprise for me because we had just found them on sale at our local Kroger and got the Root Beer ourselves, and the Cola version was sent in our package! We are NOT pop drinkers, but it was so good! Ooh, and that Ritter Sport chocolate with almonds was crazy good. We chopped some up for on top of vanilla ice cream.. WOW!

foodie penpal

Well, the ice cream got what was left after 'someone' sampled a bite or two...

foodie penpal

The Archer Farms granola was breakfast this morning on some maple yogurt. Yum! I'll definitely be checking out our Target to see what other flavors are available.

foodie penpal

Now for the fine print and details about Foodie Penpals... ALL the details can be found on their website, though.
* On the 5th of every month, you receive your penpal via email. You contact your penpal to get their mailing address and any other information you might need to determine what to send.
* You have until the 15th of the month to get your goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month (reveal day), you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal.
* Boxes should be filled with fun foodie things like local food items, homemade treats, and favorites. The spending limit is $15 and must also include something written like a note or recipe. Shipping appropriately is up to you!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the goodies Sarah! Check back on my blog later on tonight/tomorrow for my post on your thoughtful package. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy Archer Farms granola; I find it to be quite tasty! Several months into participating with the pen pal exchange, I'm still learning what makes it well and what doesn't. :)

    ReplyDelete