Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Us Two" Says Pooh

So, I never did make it to create a Pooh lunch on A.A. Milne's birthday, but I still wanted to do it. Pooh was a big part of my childhood. I still have my original stuffed Pooh bear, which sits safely in my own daughter's room now. One of my favorite books was  Pooh's Bedtime Book, which thankfully is in good shape from over ..ahem.. 30 years ago, and now I can share it with my kids. While I love A.A. Milne's writing and most every Pooh story is a childhood memory, I think today I most like a short little poem-style one called "Us Two". While it is about Christopher Robin and Pooh and how their friendship completes them, for me it is about how my daughter completes me. I just love the sentiment.

Pooh Milne easylunchboxes bento
Pear yogurt w/ honey, orange bell pepper w/ roasted red pepper hummus, open face turkey and Swiss, cantaloupe, and cashews.
pooh cheese

Interestingly enough, my kiddo's little nickname or term of endearment is Honey Bear. Never thought about the Pooh reference, but seems obvious to me! In her lunch, I added honey to the yogurt, and a wee little bee pick for Pooh's obvious favorite guilty pleasure. The yellow fork pick is a fun little addition, and the 2 heart pick is about the 2 hearts that will always be together.

And, because, I love my big 'kid' too, I packed a Pooh lunch for him as well.

Pooh Milne easylunchboxes bento
Honey greek yogurt w/ strawberries in the bottom, green bell pepper, romaine salad, 2 mini turkey and Swiss sandwiches on honey wheat buns, and Tzatziki in the Mini Dipper.

Be sure to check out all the other wonderful A.A. Milne inspired lunches at the linky party from Biting The Hand That Feeds You, too. There are some fantastic creations there! And, speaking of inspiration, here was a bit of mine...
Milne Pooh

In these lunches...

7 comments:

  1. I love how you have cut out Pooh's face. And good job on the cheese drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Appreciate the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are SUPER CUTE and your drawing is amazing! Definitely need to pin them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rina! I need to order some of those Americolor pens, though! I hear they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! And such a great story! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the linky! Saw some fantastic lunches all around!

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful!! Thank you for linking up at Grown-Ups Gotta Eat!

    ReplyDelete