Friday, March 9, 2012

March Bento

I wanted to try out a salad for the little one that she could mix the components up by herself. It worked great and she ate it all, so I think this will be a great way to incorporate new vegetables and get her out of her usual cucumber and bell pepper routine. Today I realized I need to get a shamrock cookie cutter pretty darn soon too.

shamrock patrick's day lunch bento
In the bottom half is a salad of lettuce, cucumber, toasted sunflower seeds, Bacos, and ranch dressing. In the top half is Trader Joe's veggie straws, smoked turkey, mozzarella cheese, and in the container are a few M&M's.

I keep seeing these fantastic ideas at fellow bloggers sites, and recently have seen some blog hops. I think that is a fantastic idea to support each other and also make it easy to navigate when someone is looking for something in particular. So, I'm joining in this time to the St. Patrick's Day blog hop. Follow the link in the graphic below and hop around to get all sorts of wonderful ideas from some fabulous people!

rainbow blog hop
St Patricks Day Theme Food - Fun Bento Lunch

In this lunch...

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cucumber shamrock!!! Now I wish ANYBODY in my house liked eating cucumbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Went out and got a shamrock cookie cutter, so now I have more options for the rest of the week! You all have such cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to remember your cucumber shamrock idea! brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cucumber shamrock reminds me a little of the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree! But I totally see the shamrock here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete