Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Recipe Review - Peanut Butter-cream Frosting

Maybe I've watched Cupcake Wars too many times or maybe I just wanted  to make something other than the ordinary, but the stars have aligned and I am making these cupcakes! This month, I'll be making not just one batch, but several as there are multiple events that seem to just call for cupcakes. Today will be the first batch. The excuse occasion is my girlfriend's birthday. I found a fabulous site called Brown Eyed Baker, and I am stalking her a bit now, especially for the buttercream. This recipe I tried out was for dark chocolate cupcakes, but it's the peanut butter frosting that has me sold!

Peanut Butter Frosting 

Ingredients - 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 5 Tbsp unsalted butter (room temp), 3/4 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Mix all the ingredients except the heavy cream on medium-low speed until creamy. Add the heavy cream and beat on high until the mixture is light and smooth. Pipe onto cupcakes and enjoy!

chocolate cupcake peanut butter frosting

dark chocolate cupcake peanut butter frosting

And the review? Well, let me just say that the peanut butter frosting is divine. I could eat that on just about anything, including a spoon! YUM! Dang near anything that has that frosting on it could become the perfect vessel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment