Thursday, May 3, 2012

May the 4th Be With You

A Star Wars bento, you say? Well, I was thinking I guess I could give that a go. But, as the master Yoda so perfectly states, "Do or do not. There is no try.", and so I shall! Some things turned out how I'd hoped. Some others did not, but it was fun either way! Jump around the Star Wars blog hop by clicking here or on the graphic at the bottom of the post and I'm sure you'll see some really fantastic ideas! May the Fourth Be With You!!

Star Wars Lunch Stormtrooper Darth Vader
Red bell peppers (under the Stormtrooper), celery, Kalamata olives, swiss cheese, rye bread, and salami. I worked desperately at a Death Star orange, but it was a disaster, so no picture!

Star Wars Bento Lunch Yoda R2D2
Yellow bell peppers, star shaped watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew, ranch in container, package of Star Wars gummies, green olives, R2D2 whole grain sandwich thin with salami, smoked turkey, and American cheese.

 
What a perfect opportunity to share this video of my daughter from last August too! Enjoy!

Star Wars Logo

In this lunch...

17 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! Your certainly did "do" not try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh these are FANTASTIC! great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the DIY picks too! That Vader and trooper are just stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! Great job, Momma! I can't wait until I'm on my computer and can Pin them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the light and dark sides! What a wonderful group of meals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome n v creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have alist of the Star Wars items that you have on hand. I am interested. Thanks
    plepoma@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plepoma, we have a partial list, but a full list is in the works. I will email you. :) Thanks to everyone else for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you used the Yoda figurine as a pick! Such a great idea! Plus your storm trooper and Darth Vader have such great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute! how do I get in on this blog hop?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! These are adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so good! The half&halk sandwich is amazeballs :)

    ReplyDelete