Thursday, May 17, 2012

On the Road

Today, I had to get some errands done, and rather than only get part of them done because I had to run back home for lunch or *the horror* end up with the convenience of 'fast food' or something like that, I packed a munch-able lunch that would travel well, and still be fun and nutritious. I've been wanting to try the using an apple instead of bread slices for a sandwich for a little while, having seen it somewhere before, but with peanut butter. It turned out really well and is the first time I've managed to get my kiddo to eat apple skin. Bonus!

car apple sandwich bento lunch
Pretzel rods with strawberry cream cheese and strawberry fruit leather hearts, Dove chocolate, parsley, car shaped hard boiled egg, cherry tomatoes, and a smoked turkey, sharp cheddar, and smoked Gouda 'sandwich' using apple slices in place of the bread.

We linked up at Bent On Better Lunches: Stop for Lunch linky! Want to see other great lunches featuring travel, traffic, trucks, and more? Then, be sure and take a detour on your journey, and head over for a visit!

In this lunch...

0 comments:

Post a Comment