Monday, July 16, 2012

Ladybug's Picnic!

I have to admit that I absolutely LOVE this little short about the ladybug's picnic. It gets stuck in my head for days at a time, but I can't help myself. I made a lunch inspired by the tune and hope you enjoy both it and the clip. We tried to incorporate everything we could from the song into the lunch and had a blast doing it!

ladybug picnic bento lunch
Spaghetti 'jump ropes', sack of tomatoes and black olives, chow mien noodles, red pepper, and carrot 'fire', tuna sandwich w/ American & swiss cheese 'picnic blanket and plates' and the M&M ladybugs 12 at the ladybug picnic!
We were fortunate to be selected as Bento of the Week for this lunch over at Bento Blog Network for this one. Thank you to those that voted and Diana for hosting!
Bento of the Week
 
In this lunch...

11 comments:

  1. this is great! I LOVED ladybug's picnic as a kid, and later as a mom when my kids used to watch it. Also I love you tomato ladybug with an olive head - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love this! Such a great idea and implementation of a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That is one of my favorite Sesame Street songs! Your lunch is so adorable and will be getting my vote this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just showed my hubby and he started singing as soon he read Ladybug's Picnic!!! CLASSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brings back memories of watching the song on Sesame Street as a kid. Love this lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE!! I voted for your bento and am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hihi, just hopped over from Ming's. Love this lunch of yours! Absolutely cute! May I ask where u bought the ladybugs that are sitting on the pasta?

    Thanks very much in advance! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ladybugs on the pasta are from a cake shop in Pennsylvania, and were shipped to me by a great fellow blogger from Molly's Lunch Box. If you have a local cake shop, check them out though.. you'd be amazed at what you can find!

    ReplyDelete