Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Calls for Lime Cottage Cheese Fluff

It is most certainly Monday. That's all I'm going to say about that. However, Monday grind or not, I feel accomplished. I set my mind to make appointments that I've been putting off, get dinner ready because I'm working late tonight, dust the whole house, make the grocery list, and catch up on some other obligations. So, lunch was something simple today, but still cute and delicious! Oh, and don't forget to sign up for our FunBites giveaway while you're here too! The winner will be announced in 3 days!

monday crazy bento lunch
1/2 of a bagel thin, toasted, with sharp cheddar and salami, carrots, spinach, cucumber, and lime cottage cheese fluff (see below)

Lime cottage cheese fluff is one of those things that we've made in our family for a ridiculously long time, and while I'll admit that the combination of ingredients sounds a bit off-putting, it really is delicious. We make 2 forms of it, one with lime jello, and one with orange jello. But, I'm sure you could use any combination that you like. It is so simple, I'd love for you to give it a try!

lime cottage cheese fluff
These are literally the only things you'll need! Okay, well, you'll also need a bowl and a large spoon, but that's goes without saying.. right?

Lime Cottage Cheese Fluff
Ingredients - 1 small box of lime jello, 1 small can (8oz) of crushed pineapple in 100% juice (drain some of the liquid out if you can), 1-16oz cottage cheese, and 1/2 tub Cool Whip (thawed). You can easily double the recipe, too. To do that, use 1 large or 2 small boxes jello, 1 medium (14oz) or 2 small cans crushed pineapple, 1-24oz cottage cheese, and the whole tub of Cool Whip.

Mix together. Let sit in fridge for at least a 1/2 hour before serving. Enjoy! To make the orange version of this, which is my favorite, substitute orange jello for the lime, and use a small can of mandarin oranges in place of the pineapple!

lime cottage cheese fluff
I'm realizing there is really no way to make it look pretty or sound mouth-watering. I can only tell you that it is. Even if you are not a fan of cottage cheese, it just works in an odd sort of way! Yum!

In this lunch...

2 comments:

  1. Yumm!! Your bagel face looks a lot like me this morning :P what a fun lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make it with strawberry jello. Its in ward... Or neighborhood for those not familiar with Utah jargon... cookbooks as pink jello salad. Try mixing in mini marshmallows. Another seemingly odd combination that kids seem to enjoy. I like to top mine with fresh fruit. :)

    Scrumptiosbento.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete