Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Recipe Review - Avocado Feta Salsa

avocado feta salsa
This recipe is one of my family's favorites. Believe it or not, I have self proclaimed onion and garlic haters in my family, yet they love this salsa. I can't explain it. But, I can tell you that this stuff is ridiculously delicious. Even the 4 year old will eat it by the spoonful... literally, will only eat it that way. Oh well. However you eat it, I sure hope you love it as much as we do!

avocado feta salsaAvocado Feta Salsa 
avocado feta salsa
Ingredients - 2 plum or vine tomatoes, chopped, 1/4 c finely chopped red onion, 1 chopped avocado*, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley, 1 Tbsp fresh chopped oregano, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 4oz crumbled feta (if you prefer, you can substitute 1 tsp of dry herbs for the fresh herbs)

Combine all the ingredients, except the feta, and stir the mixture gently to combine. Add the crumbled feta, and fold in gently. Cover and chill for 2-6 hours. I've even let it go overnight before. Give it another gentle stir before serving. Serve with pita or tortilla chips. Enjoy!

*Note - be sure you don't get a guacamole-ready avocado for this. You definitely want your avocado ripe, of course, but you want it to hold up in chunks too, so look for one that's ready, but not too soft.

feta salsa

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I love feta. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks so good! I love anything when avocado is involved :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks pretty interesting. I just started eating avocado last year and I'm addicted and kind of upset it took me so many years to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Senka. I have just browsed your site, and love what you are doing. Thanks for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete