Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Flutter-Bye

We decided to get Painted Lady caterpillars again this year, and the butterflies have finally emerged! Between the ladybugs, katydids, butterflies, moths, and praying mantises, it is a regular entomology party over here! I had great plans to do a Very Hungry Caterpillar lunch, but having seen such fantastic ones lately, I figured I'd go a different route. My plan is to do a metamorphosis lunch, but until I work out the details, this fun and simple lunch will do for our afternoon of releasing our butterflies!

butterfly bento lunch
Watermelon, blueberries, cucumber, carrot, butterfly crackers, Brown Cow vanilla yogurt, and mini turkey and mustard sandwiches with colby and swiss cheese.


butterfly release
One of our Painted Lady butterflies getting ready for release.
 Eats Amazing World Book Day Linkies

In this lunch...

4 comments: