Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pinterest Cleanup Day 4

Today we tacked 3 more 'must try' pins, leaving 40 more. We might be cheating just a wee bit, moving some pins to kids stuff. While they are things that I do intend to try, some are things for much later on, and I'm okay with that!

For breakfast, we tried out 2 more of those scrumptious refrigerator oatmeal recipes from The Yummy Life. This time we did cocoa banana and maple blueberry. The cocoa one wasn't really for me, but the maple blueberry was good. I'm still stuck on that mango almond one, though. Yummy!

refrigerator oatmeal

For a snack this afternoon, we found inspiration from the Greek salad bites at Nutritious Eats. They are basically skewers of tomato, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, and cucumber, which are drizzle with oil, lemon juice, and pepper. Our versions were made specifically for toddler with some favorite tweaks of our own. We used balsamic vinegar instead of lemon juice, and only had crumbles of feta, so served those on the side of the skewers. Yum!

greek kalamata bento snack
Skewers of cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and cucumber with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, feta cheese with pepper, and Ritz crackers.

Dinner, now that was a Pinterest treat tonight too, but for the life of me, I can't find the original after I wrote it down! If it's yours, be sure and message me.

Crockpot Lemon Butter Chicken
Ingredients - 1 stick of butter, 6 Tbsp lemon juice (ideally fresh), 1 package of dry Italian dressing mix, and 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Place all the ingredients in your crockpot. Set on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Shred the chicken with a half an hour or so to go, and let the juices absorb. If liquid is low, you can always add a bit of water.
easy lemon chickenI'm thinking this chicken would be great with rice, buttered noodles, or potatoes, but I just didn't preplan well enough. We had corn tortillas in the fridge, so we warmed those up with a little butter and served with romaine salad. Fantastic! The next day, we ate it cold as wraps and as a chicken Caesar salad. We don't eat much chicken at all, and when we do, the cooking method has to be fool proof and one that I don't have to handle the meat too much. In the crockpot, the meat is moist, tasty, and simple. I'm sold!
easy lemon chicken

In this lunch...

3 comments:

  1. Love refrigerated oatmeal! A life saver when my morning is super busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried using a stand mixer to shred the chicken? Saw a pin and was doubtfull but OMG it worked crazy fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting.. I have NOT tried that. I use husband labor forces here!

    ReplyDelete